Environmental & Health
Preserve your vessels and the planet.
Are you ready for the future of green technology in cruising? Swapping out heavy fuel oil for low-sulfur marine fuel oil, installing exhaust gas cleaning systems, and developing new ships to run on liquefied natural gas (LNG) are more then trends…they’re the way forward.
A Sea Change is Coming
We're all in this together.
The 2019 conference sustainability programming focused on understanding the consequences of our actions and pursuing scalable solutions. Highlights included:
- Environmental Spotlight Panel: Innovations Driving Responsible, Sustainable Cruising
- Best Practices for Building a Robust Expedition Team
- Pitch Competition: Sustainability Onboard
- The Future is Green: Building the World's Greenest Cruise Line
- Sustainable Tourism: Leading the Way Forward
It all came together in the Environmental & Health Neighborhood, bringing together the biggest cruise line decision makers and green-tech innovators from around the globe.
We all got together at the Safety & Sustainability Reception Tuesday, and for those wanting to learn more, there were plenty of free sessions in the Safety Sustainability Theater, defining a global transformation redefining cruise amidst growing climate concerns.
When we say executives and key decision makers, we mean it.
Seatrade alum include the following major cruise line members:
- Director, Compliance Programs
- Director, Environmental Health & Occupational Safety
- Director, Environmental Programs
- Director, Sustainability Policy
- Analyst/Fuel Buyer
LNG and Alternative Fuels
Hybrid Power Generation